Half Marathon & 5K
10th April 2022 @ 9:45 am
Sunday 10 Apr 2022
First Race: Half Marathon @ 0945
2nd Race: 5K at 1000
“Caythorpe – the friendly place for a run in the countryside”.
The Caythorpe Dash – half marathon & 5K Event will take place Sunday 10 Apr 2022 at 0945.
The Caythorpe Dash – Half Marathon is a part-marshaled / part-signed, multi-terrain run through the picturesque Lincolnshire countryside which takes in tracks, bridle paths, footpaths and minor roads in the rural Trent valley. After leaving Caythorpe you descend 200 ft into the Trent valley on an old drovers trail; the next 9 miles are on fairly flat terrain (3.5 miles on minor roads, the rest on tracks & footpaths), before climbing 140 ft back onto the Lincolnshire ridge and ridge running 2.5 miles back to Caythorpe (2 miles on minor roads); the total ascent is 422 ft.
Age limit: 16 upwards.
Online Entry Only: £22
The Caythorpe Dash – 5K is a fully-marshaled, multi-terrain run up and down the Lincolnshire ridge with great views of the Trent valley. After leaving Caythorpe you descend 56m in 1K into the Trent valley, then run 2K on a farm track onto Wheatgrass Lane, an old drovers trail, climbing 50m back up to Caythorpe; the total ascent is 61m.
Age limit: 12 upwards; 12 to 15s must have parent running in this race.
Online Entry Only: 16+ £8 ; 12 to 15s £5
Both races will be run using Race || Result ‘chip time’.
All half marathon competitors will receive a medal and a goody bag with a Caythorpe Dash Tech T-shirt, and a race certificate will be available to download; 5K competitors will receive a medal with a race certificate available to download.
- The winning female and male in each race will receive a £50 gift voucher for a meal in our local pub – the Red Lion, sponsored by the Red Lion.
- Trophies will be awarded to the top 3 female and male finishers in both races;
- Trophies also for the top 3 finishers in the 12 – 15 age group in the 5K (either female or male).
- The top 2 in the Canicross race will also receive trophies.
- There will be a surprise prize for the lucky 10th’s in the overall half marathon and 5K races.
Hammond pavilion opens at 0830:
- Free on playing field parking;
- Changing rooms, with showers and toilets;
- Free bag drop;
- Free light refreshments after the race.
The race bibs, using Race|Result chips, will be issued in the Hammond pavilion at check-in. Canicross is most acceptable, just let us know in your online registration.
The run is in aid of the Caythorpe Playing Fields Charity – with the money used to support the many sporting / community events held there.
Half Marathon – 160 places, registration is available until midnight 6 Apr 2022 at £22.
5K – 40 places, registration is available until midnight 6 Apr 2022 at £8; 12 – 15s at £5.