Half Marathon (New Route) – And 5K
16th April 2023 @ 9:45 am
Sunday April 2023
Half Marathon & 5K
Half Marathon: 0945
“Caythorpe – the friendly place for a run in the countryside”.
Run for Ukraine
All money made from the event will go to the Ukraine Appeal
Venue: Caythorpe, Lincolnshire
– rural village (map below)
Wednesday 4 May 2359
There is NO on-the-day registration
- Half Marathon Event : £22
- 5K Event : Adult £8
: Junior (12-15) £5
- Tech T-Shirt : £3
(Only charged if ordered at registration, with size required)
- Half Marathon : Minimum 16 years (on race day)
- 5K : Minimum 12 years (on race day)
: (12 to 15’s must be accompanied by an adult who runs in the race)
Electronic Race Timing:
- ‘Chipped’ bibs using Race||Result – Results in ‘Chip Time’
- ‘Personal Run Time’ emailed to you as you finish.
- Results available on the Webb in minutes.
- And shown in the Pavilion.
Please Note: All Competitor Race Info passed by email.
Canicross is most acceptable, just let us know in your online registration and please start at the rear (we use ‘chip time’).
“Re+Active therapy is a team of two Sports Therapists, Dan and Steve. They have many years’ experience between them working with runners and providing event massages. On the day they will be able to provide pre- and post-event massages, taping and strapping, as well as provide injury advice. They look forward to seeing you on race day!”
Dan & Steve have very kindly offered their services to this Dash Event – they will charge £1 a minute, and they will donate 20% to our Ukraine Appeal.
Caythorpe Dash ‘Cake Feast’ –
cake and drinks freely available post the race
- We are Covid Safe
- And if the Race is cancelled by Government rules
- We will reimburse you (minus PayPal costs and any expenses: T-shirts, trophies etc)
- And if the Race is cancelled by Government rules
- Medals for Half Marathon & 5K
- Tech T-Shirt available to buy for £3 (numerous competitors have asked for T-Shirts to be discretionary)
- Water & energy bars freely available;
- Caythorpe Dash ‘race certificates‘ will be available for all to download lists via our Race|Result results.
Event Tech T-Shirts – ‘Trees not Tees’ – to meet various competitor requests we have now made the T-Shirts ‘optional’ and you have to sign up for them at a cost of £3. You have 3 options:
- take no T-Shirt – no cost
- Sign up for T-Shirt and give size wanted – £3
- Donate £3 to our ‘village tree fund’ and we will plant trees in / around Caythorpe ‘in lieu’
- (A fourth is to take a T-Shirt and also donate to tree fund – £6 !)
All the above, your choice on the registration page.
- Race photographs available via the Webb, post the race – no charge;
- Free light refreshments after the race – and our ‘cake fest’;
- On playing field parking / adjacent street parking.
Trophies / Awards :
- Winning female and male in Half Marathon & 5K will get free entry into the next Caythorpe Dash Event.
- The winning female and male in Half Marathon & 5K will receive a £50 gift voucher for a meal in our local pub – the Red Lion, sponsored by the Red Lion.
- Trophies will be awarded to the top 3 female and male finishers in Half Marathon & 5K.
- Trophies will be awarded to the first female and male in the Half Marathon ‘over 50’ age group.
- Trophies also for the top 3 finishers in the 12 – 15 age group in the 5K (either female or male).
- The top 2 in the Half Marathon Canicross race will also receive trophies.
- The lucky ‘Nth’ in the Half Marathon (place picked from the ‘hat’ out of top 15) will receive a ‘free glider trial flight’ voucher.
Hammond Pavilion (race control) opens at 0830:
- Race bibs will be issued in the Hammond pavilion at check-in;
- Changing rooms, with showers and toilets;
- Free secure bag drop;
Race Descriptions (race maps below)
The Caythorpe Dash – Half Marathon – NEW Route for 2022 – is a part-marshaled / part-signed, multi-terrain run along the scenic Lincolnshire Ridge, taking in tracks, bridle paths, footpaths and minor roads through the Ridge farmland. A 2.5 mile flat departure through Caythorpe Hall Parkland and along an old railway line is followed by a 200 ft climb and a 2 mile level run along farm tracks on the Ridge, with great views either side, before a 1 mile descent of 190 ft to Sudbrook. After 1.5 miles on flat minor roads the route takes in 3 miles of farmland tracks climbing 140 ft into Hough-on-the-Hill and running 2.5 miles climbing 80 ft back to Caythorpe on a minor road; the total ascent is 545 ft.
Age limit: 16 upwards.
Online Entry Only: £22
The Caythorpe Dash 5K is a fully-marshaled, multi-terrain run on roads, tracks, footpaths and an old railway line around Caythorpe; the total ascent is 26m. Age limit: 12 upwards; 12 to 15s must have parent running in this race.
Age limit: 12 upwards; 12 to 15s must have parent running in this race.
Online Entry Only: 16+ £8 ; 12 to 15s £5
Both races will be run using Race || Result ‘chip time’.
Half Marathon – 160 places, registration is available until 2359 Wednesday 4 May 2022
5K – 40 places, registration is available until 2359 Wednesday 4 May 2022
Red Lion Caythorpe
Why not make it a day out and visit our sponsors 17th Century Caythorpe country inn that provides quality food & drink in a
warm friendly atmosphere; contact Simon or Becky @
email: [email protected]
or 01400 272632